We are hiring!
Job Order Number: 201814
Position: Technical Sales & Manufacturing Engineer
Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (could vary depending on workload)
Summary: This position works directly with customers and prospects on their optical component requirements including preparing quotes, recommending alternative processes to improve manufacturability. Technical Sales & Manufacturing Engineer position works closely with production to optimize processes, develop new capabilities, and address quality problems when they arise. A customer focus attitude and a logical problem-solving ability are required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Cultivate and preserve strong relationships with customers and vendors
- Works to ensure customer satisfaction by providing exceptional service, including technical guidance to customers and to our production areas.
- Reviews customer documents and prints, interpret specifications to develop and prepare cost estimates based on internal costing criteria; follow up with customers and prospects; completes necessary paperwork for each job
- Optimizing manufacturing processes for all new parts
- Continually develop knowledge of our capabilities and resources along with emerging trends in our industry
- Interface with all levels of personnel in the production area to address production and quality issues.
- Researches new technology, materials and methods to improve efficiency in production and service to our customers.
- Designs special tooling, when required, for production including spot tools, holders and centering wheels, etc.
- In addition, any new processing materials including pads, slurries, or loose abrasives are approved and ordered by engineering
- When necessary initiates process and print changes
- Confers with the management and production on the following subjects: space requirements, workflow, manufacturing capabilities, capital equipment acquisition, layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency, etc.
- Occasional travel to visit customers and prospects, attend trade shows and educational workshops.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Strong communication skills with employees, customers, and vendors
- Generates creative solutions
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Must be able to make sound and accurate decisions
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to organize
- Able to work with minimum supervision
- Should be customer service driven
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in engineering preferably mechanical or industrial, prefer not required 3 or more years of experience in a manufacturing.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
An Equal Opportunity Employer to include women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, identity, religion, origin, and genetic information.
Apply in person or
Send resume to: LaCroix Precision Optics
P.O. Box 2556
50 LaCroix Dr.
Batesville, AR 72503
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline to apply: November 20, 2018